Battle Creek VA Medical Center
Maintaining Whole Health at Home
We are living through unprecedented times which has disrupted everyday life for every person on the planet. The stress that this causes can be great and overwhelming, but we are all capable of adapting to changing situations with the right mindset and routines. Everyone at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center wants to help you along this journey to ensure that your needs are met and to make social distancing a less daunting prospect. This article will provide you with the resources to make dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic a little bit easier.
Managing Stress and Practicing Mindfulness on your Smartphone
One of the best tools that you have that will make this next period pass stress-free is your smartphone. The VA has created and published a series of apps that will guide you into a better state of mind. Here are just a few:
- Mindfulness Coach: This app will help ground yourself in the present moment and will help you cope better with unpleasant thoughts and emotions.
- PTSD Coach: This app with teach you about and cope with PTSD symptoms.
- Mood Coach: This app will help you make a plan to boost your mood with positive activities and tracking progress.
- Moving Forward: This app will teach problem solving skills to overcome obstacles and deal with stress.
- Stay Quit Coach: This app will help you control cravings, provide reminder messages, and support those that have quit smoking.
For more information about VA apps, visit the VA App Store!
Staying Occupied with Activities
Sometimes you just have no idea what do to when cooped up at home. Don’t worry, we got you covered! We have compiled over 30 pages of entertaining activities, games, and puzzles that will keep you occupied while indoors. This pack linked below has great ideas to have fun, links to online workout sessions, challenging brain teasers, and countless virtual tours that you can go on from your sofa.
Additional Help, Activities, and Resources
We have also compiled another great document that you can use as a resource to reach out for help, provide ideas for social distancing activities, and things that will keep kids entertained during this time.