Battle Creek VA Medical Center
Veteran and Family Advisory Council
The Veteran and Family Council is committed to involving our stakeholders and making patients and family members part of healthcare team as we strive to make improvements in our delivery system.
Goals for Patient/Veteran and Family Advisors:
- To serve as a formal mechanism for involving patients, family and staff as partners for policy and program decision making.
- Committed, passionate advocates for Veteran, families, staff and community-based healthcare.
- Ensure the inclusion of all voices in each conversation (Veteran, family member, staff, etc.)
- Help to diminish some of the fear and lack of control that is so intense within a healthcare organization.
- Strengthen collaboration between Veterans, family members and the healthcare team to enhance Veteran Centered Care.
- Represent the voices of Veteran and family members in a multidisciplinary effort to enhance their healthcare experiences.
Deb Hall, Veteran Centered Care Coordinator
(269) 966-5600 Ext. 35226
The council assists to ensure all Veterans receive:
- Personalized, Proactive, and Patient Driven Care
- An environment that promotes the best possible medical and emotional outcomes for Veterans and their family members.
- Respect, compassion, involvement in their care, communication, and education
- Physical comfort and emotional support.
Building 136, Room 102B
- 269-966-5600 Ext. 31634
Hours of Operation
- The VFC meets each Thursday at 3:00 p.m.