Battle Creek VA Medical Center
Battle Creek VA salutes Women Veterans
The number of women Veterans has more than doubled since the year 2000. This growth rate has outpaced that of male Veterans during the same time period.
The Battle Creek VAMC has responded actively to the growing number of women Veterans by developing programs to address the unique needs of women. We are dedicated to serving you in a private and safe environment with dignity and respect.
Women who believe they are eligible for care can call 1-800-368-8262 ext. 2128. Please bring your DD214 and previous calendar year household gross income information. Visit our Become a Patient page to learn more about your eligibility and benefits.
Battle Creek VAMC offers the following services for women:
- Gynecology and reproductive health services to include: Pap smears, Pelvic exams, HPV vaccinations, contraceptive methods to include IUDs, and implants. Follow up of abnormal pap smear results, and biopsies
- Evaluation and treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis and uterine fibroids
- Infertility evaluations provided by a fee-based community provider.
- Obstetrical care provided by a fee-based community based provider. (Baby shower for new mother Veterans enrolled at the Battle Creek VA)
- Women’s Health clinic hours at Battle Creek and the Wyoming Health Care Center
- Pelvic ultrasounds
- Bone Density exams to screen for osteoporosis
- Menopause counseling and treatment
- Military Sexual Trauma counseling and services
Military Sexual Trauma (MST) is the term used to refer to sexual assault or sexual harassment that occurred while the Veteran was in the military. It includes any sexual activity where someone is involved against his or her will. The VA provides, free, confidential counseling and treatment to male and female Veterans for mental and physical health conditions related to experiences of MST.
Our designated Military Sexual Trauma (MST) Coordinator is your advocate and can help you find and access VA services, programs, and community resources.
Military Sexual Trauma CoordinatorBattle Creek VA Medical Center
269-966-5600 Ext. 31182
Search Event Type 'Women Veterans' for upcoming events specifically for our Women Veterans at the Battle Creek VA. We host an Annual Baby Shower for new mothers and several other events throughout the year!
The Women Veterans Call Center (WVCC) answers questions and responds to concerns from women Veterans, their families, and caregivers across the nation about VA services and resources. The call is free, and you can call as often as you like.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.